Monday, June 6, 2016

Battle of Essence Rose Gold Polishes! I Love Trends in Rose Beats VS Beauty Blogger Secrets in Hello Beautiful

Hello! Last month I spoke about how much I love rose gold nail polishes and showed swatches from Catrice’s Go For Gold! Just after buying that Catrice polish, I saw delighted to see Essence had their own rose gold polish out too so I snapped it up. It’s part of the I Love Trends The Metals collection and it’s called Rose Beats.

 Essence Cosmetics Rose Gold nail polish I Love Trends The Metals in Rose Beats

 Essence Cosmetics Rose Gold nail polish I Love Trends The Metals in Rose Beats

 Essence Cosmetics Rose Gold nail polish I Love Trends The Metals in Rose Beats

When I was in Penney’s at the beginning of the week, I saw there was a new limited edition stand. It’s called Beauty Bloggers’ Secrets and has a make up palette and nail polish by 4 different beauty bloggers, each with a colour theme they’ve picked. You can see the collection by clicking on this link. I was instantly drawn to the rose gold polish called Hello Beautiful! by Beauty Palmira.

Essence Cosmetics Rose Gold nail polish Bloggers' Beauty Secrets in Hello Beautiful! by Beauty Palmira

Essence Cosmetics Rose Gold nail polish Bloggers' Beauty Secrets in Hello Beautiful! by Beauty Palmira

Essence Cosmetics Rose Gold nail polish Bloggers' Beauty Secrets in Hello Beautiful! by Beauty Palmira

I bought the second polish because I love rose gold polishes, but also so I could compare the two of them, to see if there was any similarities between the two.

A comparison of two Essence Cosmetics Rose Gold nail polishes I Love Trends The Metals in Rose Beats and Bloggers' Beauty Secrets in Hello Beautiful! by Beauty Palmira

A comparison of two Essence Cosmetics Rose Gold nail polishes I Love Trends The Metals in Rose Beats and Bloggers' Beauty Secrets in Hello Beautiful! by Beauty Palmira

As you can see there is a difference! The Hello Beautiful! reminds me of the Catrice one, it’s pinkier. The Rose Beats is more copper, and originally when I had compared it to the Catrice polish, I prefered the Catrice one. But after applying it and seeing it next to the pinkier Hello Beautiful!, I think I prefer the Rose Beats! I’m really enjoying the more copper tones in this beautiful sunshine. I will say though the formula isn’t as good as Hello Beautiful! For my swatches I used one coat on Hello Beautiful and had to use two for Rose Beats as it was quite sheer on my first application. As with most metallic polishes they shows up imperfections and brush strokes but both are just so pretty I don’t mind that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...