Thursday, March 17, 2016

Shamrock Sharpie Nails for St. Patrick’s Day

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! I decided to give Sharpie nail art another go after enjoying the look I did for Valentine’s Day. I’m going to call these a ‘win-fail’.

IMG_0965

IMG_0976

To start off I used Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Coconut for a slightly off-white base coat. On my triggers (thumbs and index finger) I used Revlon in Gold Coin. I drew on the shamrocks using my Sharpies, let dry for a bit and sprayed with hair spray to ‘set’ them so they wouldn’t streak when I used top coat. Only for me to look down after and see that it did streak after all. But I liked it, the colour bled a bit but the shamrocks kept their shape. Hence why it’s a ‘win-fail’, it could have been a lot worse and in the end I actually liked the effect. Next time I decide to do Sharpie nails I’ll try and let the design dry a bit more and hold the hair spray further back so it’s not as wet going on the nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...