Thursday, May 7, 2015

Confessions of a Nail Polish Addict Tag #BEDM

I saw this tag on Brit Nails and thought it looked like fun. So here we go!

1. What nail polish are you wearing on your nails (and toes) right now?

I have a different colour on both hands! I had planned to take swatch pictures today but got a bit lazy. I put Barry M in Ballerina on my right hand, there was a 3 for 2 when I was in Superdrug the other day and bought these Maybelline Top Coats and Ballerina became my third choice. Today I got a polish I have LONG lusted after in the post. A-England in St. George. I swiftly applied it to my left hand, it’s GORGEOUS!! Swatches of both to follow in future posts. As for my toes? Nothing, I haven’t had something on my toes for ages.

 

2. What is one nail product you can't live without?

I have 2 or 3 bottles of Essence Studio Nails Ultra Strong Nail Hardener lying around, I love this stuff! It really helps my weak nails

 

3. What is your favourite nail brand (mainstream and indie)?

Essence is probably my favourite mainstream brand, it’s cheap but good quality, they have lots of colours and change things around quite a bit to keep things interesting. Barry M are fantastic too though. Out of the big three (or what I think the most popular) China Glaze, OPI and Essie, I prefer China Glaze.

As for indie, I don’t have many indies which is a shame. I think the only one I have is a Dollish Polish but I do love it!

 

4. What shape nail do you wear (short or long)?

Squoval mainly. My nails grow quite square shaped but I try to soften them a bit. I wear my nails long. Or long for me anyway! I will cut them short enough every now and again though, either because they are weak or one breaks and I want them all even.

 

5. What is your go-to colour?

I really like purples and teals. Though I do go for white quite a bit with a fun coloured top coat. White was one of my go tos last summer.

 

6. What is your favourite nail polish finish?

I do love a creme finish. Though I also love a crelly (creme and jelly) finish too. I’m a sucker for matte glitter top coats too!

 

7. What’s on your nail polish wishlist?

Where to start! I’m mainly lusting over Candy Lacquer Licorice All Sorts, it’s beautiful. I’d also love Hare Polish Flight of the Flamingos, Butter London Bit Faker and Revlon Whimsical. As well as raiding an American drugstore for stuff we can’t get here!

Nail polish wants

Clockwise from top left: Bit Faker, Licorice Allsorts, Flight of the Flamingo, Whimsical

 

8. When do you usually paint your nails (morning, afternoon or evening)?

Afternoon or evening time, though I try not to do it too late as I end up with sheet marks! Never the morning, ewww.

 

9. What’s your top nail tip you swear by?

Oh, I don’t really have any! I’ve been trying to give my nails and hands more moisture to improve the quality.

 

10. What nail polish do you regret buying?

I don’t think I have any really. I don’t buy a lot of super expensive nail polish so even if I don’t really like something, it’ll only be a few pounds for me. And I can give them to my sister!

 

11. Neons or pastels? Brights or darks?

I probably prefer pastels over neons but then again, I go through phases like others. Pastels for spring, neons for summer, darks and glitters for autumn and winter.

 

12. What is your holy grail white, black and nude polish?

White is Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Coconut, black is from Wet n Wild, no idea if they still do it anymore though, I need to pick it up if I can find it. If it’s black for nail art, I like the Barry M Nail Art Pen. For nude, my favourite at the moment is OPI You’re So Vain-illa but I also love Nails Inc Basil Street.

 

13. What is one brand you want to try but haven’t yet?

Just one?! Don’t think so. Hare polish, KB Shimmer, Candy Lacquer, Deborah Lippmann, Chanel. So many!

I’m going to tag Behind Green Eyes, Cuti-clue-les and Nurse Fancy Pants and whoever else wants to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...