Thursday, October 9, 2014

Day Trip to London

Last week I had the chance to spend the day in London and of course I leapt at the chance to go. I only had a few hours to spend so I had hummed and hawed over what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go. In the end, I just decided to wander about and go with the flow.

Collage1

Collage2

First off, I headed to Picadilly and went to the Waterstones there. I’d never been before and was interested in having a look. There was a queue outside waiting for a Gillian Anderson signing, so the place was abuzz with excitement. I only stayed on ground floor but found so much that caught my eye. First was the table of Penguin Cloth Bound Classics. I love those covers, so eye catching. I had fun looking in the stationary section (look at how happy that caterpillar is!) and I want that Cat Lady Chic book. Even if the cat on the cover looks a bit crazy.

Collage3

From Waterstones I decided I wanted to go to Foyles on Charing Cross Road, so I went via Leicester Square and Chinatown. I popped into the M&M World Shop (love their Abbey Road scene) and that big Mr Bump plush was taken in a random gift shop. He looked so big and squishy!

Collage4

This was my second ever time in Foyles and my first in the new location. That crazy chair is from a book (the name I can’t quite remember but it was along the lines of items that do a great job practically but are ugly), I bought myself Circle Line: Around London in a Small Boat (something I’ve wanted to read for a long time). I also had a lovely latte and rest in the cafe before heading on my next adventures!

Collage5

I’d originally debated getting off in the morning at Oxford St but decided against it. I was so close to Tottenham Court Road I decided to pop into the Primark there. Then I decided I’d walk down Oxford St! Usually I wouldn’t but I was in a good mood and luckily didn’t feel like punching anyone as I walked down it. I popped into shops here and there but the real reason I decided to walk the length was to go to Selfridges. I love wandering around there, even though I can’t afford half the things! I snapped the new Ciate Advent Calendar, it looks so pretty.

Collage6

When I had decided to walk down Oxford St, I thought I’d then hop on at Bond St station and go down to Waterloo for a bit, before going back to get my train in Paddington. However, Jubilee line isn’t stopping at Bond St at the moment so I carried on to Marble Arch and decided to just head back in the Paddington direct. I had to change at Notting Hill Gate, where I snapped these pictures, the one on the left being a cool collage along the escalators, a nice change from the video adverts. The right is waiting on the platform, I just love the look of that platform.

Collage7

Once back in Paddington, I decided to have a look at the canals and get something to eat. I didn’t go as far as Little Venice, just stayed near the station, but it was still beautiful. I stopped to eat at Beany Greens, a coffee shop with an Ozzie pop art twist and had the most delicious chicken wrap and a slice of banana bread. Then it was time to head away and say goodbye to London once more (but I’ll be back soon! There’s never a big gap between visits).

14 comments:

  1. That looks like an amazing day trip! A perfect day spent wandering :) You got some great pictures, love the ugly chair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I'm so glad I decided to go with the flow that day. And I wish I had sat on the ugly chair!!

      Delete
  2. I love a good trip to London and having a mooch about, looks like you packed lots in to one day! You got some great snaps and I love that chair :)x
    prorebel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really cool spontaneous day! I'm terrified of London as I've hardly visited the city!

    http://www.pennedbyjenny.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I can see why it's intimidating but London can be broken into loads of different manageable areas, so maybe it's best to try conquer it that way?!

      Delete
  4. I love those clothbound classics! Looks like a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to have a shelf of the clothbounds!

      Delete
  5. I love London, I was there last weekend as well and sounds like you had a nice day there!
    http://beckieione.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always nice to have a shop, I love wandering round the department stores. Selfridges is great! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely day - I took a day trip to London a few years ago and loved it. I must do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already looking forward to getting back to London!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...