Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine’s Aqua with Coral Hearts Nails

Another Valentine’s nail post! Not sure how many others of these I’ll have, but there will be at least one more after this, with the possibility of one or two others. It all depends on how they turn out! Here’s today’s Aqua with Coral Hearts

aqua-and-coral-hearts

Ok, some of the hearts are a bit ‘squishy’! I tried making the hearts using the top of a bobby pin as a dotting tool but I really didn’t like how they turned out. By the time I got to the thumb (I always start at baby finger), I used a nail brush and was kicking myself at how much easier it was to draw hearts. I filled in some of the gaps in the rest of the nails, which you can probably notice as they don’t come up off the nail as much. I have fallen back in love with the heart colour, Catrice in Meet Me at Coral Island, which I used in the Maybelline Color Show Street Artist swatches and my last Valentine’s nail look, Chalkboard Nails. I had originally planned on using it with NYC in Water Street Blue but when using the China Glaze in For Audrey in the Chalkboard Nails, I knew these colours would look great together. But I think red and pink would look great with For Audrey, so I did a few different colours on the thumb to show you.

DSC08274

Sorry for the smudging, I was losing a fight battle trying out a second design on my right hand and it clearly smudged and I didn’t notice. Anyway, the red used is Mavala in London and the pink is 17 Supreme Shine in Miami.

So far this is my favourite look, it’s fun and bright. Though I love all the ideas in my head, I’m not sure what I’ll actually pick for this coming Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I love this look! It's so pretty without being a typical valentines nail design (i.e gaudy and OTT) I may have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully your hearts will be less blobby! And tomorrow there's an even more subtle Valentine's look :)

      Delete
  2. So cute! I can barely paint one colour on my nails, let alone draw something. I love the colours you used, I wore "For Audrey" on my toes for my wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! 'For Audrey' is such a timeless colour, so cute that you wore it on your toesies for you wedding!

      Delete
  3. For Audrey is gorgeous, a real staple nail colour! Gorgeous mani, you've come up with so many great ones this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a staple! I was lucky to win mine on Cuti-CLUE-les! And thank you very much :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...