Friday, February 28, 2014

February Recap

I thought it would be nice to do a recap post each month, I’m not sure if I’ll keep it up, so we’ll see how it goes!
February was a month of…

Doing- Touristy stuff! My brother came up from London to visit me here and we did a few touristy things around Manchester. We went to a Manchester Phoenix hockey game, went to a live recording of a TV show (Ejector Seat, starts April I think?) and visited the Museum of Science and Industry.

February

Eating- Baltimore Pull Apart bread. Yum yum! My favourite thing I’ve eaten this month I think. I will have the recipe up at some stage but you can click on the link to get it from the stuffed grapes blog.

Crafting- I made this memory jar and also painted a small canvas painting for my boyfriend for Valentine’s Day. Again, I’ll probably post these up in a later post.

Listening- I’ve mainly spent February listening to Pharrell’s song Happy. I love it so much, fingers crossed it wins the Oscar for Best Original Song!



Watching- House of Cards. What else would people be watching this month?! I’ve only got 2 episodes left to watch, I’m almost scared to watch them as I don’t want it all to end! I also saw the Lego Movie too and loved it, laughed my way through it.
house-of-cards

Playing- Spell Quest. I love my app games, especially words and spelling ones and when I saw this on VSauce3’s App All Knight video I know I had to give it a try. I was actually up all night playing this the first time, it was addictive. In this game you play Grim you must defeat monsters by spelling words from a grid and zapping their energy. The longer the word and the more higher earning tiles you use, the more you’ll zap their energy. It gets harder as you go along and they can drain your energy too but I was determine to beat those feckers! I gained all my 1 stars, after you’ve done that, you go back over the levels twice more, once in a timed mission to spell words and defeat them and a third time there’s challenges, like only words with Ts will do any damage. It’s a fun cute game.
Spell-Quest
Picture from Cult of Mac

Loving- Doing my nails again! It had been a while and I definitely got back into the swing of things for Valentine’s Day. Click this link to see all my nail related posts.
nail Collage

Laughing- Over this picture and whole idea! So funny.
IMG_2572

And that’s it! We’ll see what March brings us tomorrow. How was your February?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...