Sunday, June 23, 2013

YouTube Pick of the Week

It’s been a while since my last one and I have so much I want to share with you!

I loved this spoken word poem by Hollie McNish, about the mathematics of immigrants. I hate seeing people giving out about how immigrants are taking people’s jobs and women! This video helps you see there’s much, much more to that, how life is much better and richer when you stop being a xenophobe.

This video had me cracking up, because I think I suffer from the opposite, the ‘Please talk to me and ask me things’ face. I have a face where people will start randomly talking to me on the bus, asking me for opinions on clothes they are wearing in changing rooms, and approach me on the street either asking for money for charity or trying to give me a flyer. Once when I was in holiday in Spain, I was sick and tried of being given club promotional flier so I tried to adopt a bitch face. It only made it worse, I had guys saying ‘Oh cheer up!’. I do know people with what we call ‘serious resting face’ but I think I prefer bitch face!

I love seeing videos of strangers coming together to make the best of a worst situation. In this video, passengers have been stuck waiting to take off for 5 hours and so they decided to have a bit of a uplifting singsong!

I have NO idea how I didn’t come across Honest Trailers before now but they are seriously funny. I can’t even put into words how funny I found this one, just watch it!

Get Lucky is probably the biggest song for this summer. This video does the entire song but starts from musical style of 1920s and works it way through the decades. Super fun idea.

Last two videos come from Jimmy Kimmel, seriously he makes some funny videos! First video is a piss take of the Blurred Lines video (which I’m not a fan of, but Jimmy had be laughing in this one). The second one is call (I Wanna) Channing All Over Your Tatum, with Jamie Foxx and (you guessed it) Channing Tatum. Parodying innuendos and has a habit of getting stuck in your head!

And that’s it! I probably could have posted a few more but I’ll leave it at that. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...