Thursday, June 13, 2013

DIY: Cardigan Facelift

So, I have a thing about flamingos, I love them. I have shoes, necklaces, cardigans, scarves, and glasses, all with flamingos on them. I got this cardigan from Primark when I was in Liverpool in March and the only reasons I bought it was because it was marked down and there was flamingos on it.

IMG_1642

It’s a lighter colour in person, as you’ll see in the after picture, I took this hasty picture one night before getting stuck in at colouring in the flamingos! I was originally just going to colour one in here and there but once I started I decided to colour them all in. The result!

IMG_1694

IMG_1694

I did it with Tulip Fabric Paint in. I’m not sure how long it took me to do, as I did it in two stages. Probably about an hour or so. I only did the front part, not the sleeves or back. I LOVE the pop of colour and how much brighter this looks, it’s really helped pep up the cardigan!

2 comments:

  1. That is brilliant! It makes such a huge difference to the cardigan, it looks fab! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very happy with it, I just have to wear it now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...