Saturday, February 23, 2013

YouTube Pick of the Week

It feels like it’s been ages since I did one of these!

First video is a Breakfast Club/Avenger mash up. I’m a sucker for them and love this one!

I’ll admit, the very first thing that popped into my head when the Pope said he was going to retire was this old Gift Grub Pope Idol sketch!

Here’s VSauce’s defence for Comic Sans. I can’t help, part of me really likes it! (don’t hate me, please!). However I do realise that it’s not completely appropriate for every occasion. I thought this video on the history of Comic Sans was interesting. Now I’m off to watch Helvetica to redeem myself!

This Heineken interview video stuck out to me. It was a very interesting concept. And also reminded me of a story my English teacher always told about interviews, that there was company that used to keep a knocked down brush outside the door of the interview and kept note of how many interview candidates took the time to pick it back up. Not sure if it was true but it’s stuck with me for all these years!

Stumbling around Tumblr one day, I came across a GIF for the scene above and searched for it on YouTube. It’s one of my favourite’s from Toy Story. After watching Toy Story 3 on TV last weekend, I must rewatch the first film again.

Finally, the last video is a piece of old Irish music nostalgia, Sunburst by Picturehouse. So happy and uplifting!

2 comments:

  1. I Love these posts, you reminded me of one of my favourite videos ever - the person who uploaded that Avengers mash-up has a Baby Got Back one on their channel, it's amazing, that Avengers one was really funny! Great pics. Sunburst has to be the ultimate Summer song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm so glad to hear this as I was debating not continuing on with this 'series' as I wasn't sure if others liked it but I decided to keep it as I like, it definitely helps to hear others do too though! I must check out that Baby Got Back video!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...