Thursday, May 17, 2012

Meatless May: Half Way Check Point!

As I mentioned briefly at the end of my 30 Days of Pinterest Look Back, I was doing a Meatless May. It’s part of my 25 Before 25 challenge and today marks the half way point. I thought I’d do a quick blog post about it.

So far it hasn’t been too hard, I’ve barely missed meat, except for maybe the familiarity of it and the meals I’d make using it. I haven’t tried a whole lot of new recipes, just tried to adapt favourite meals by removing the meat. I’ve made the Yaki Soba without the chicken, a delicious Spinach, Broccoli and Corn Pasta Bake (seriously yummy, I just changed my Spinach Gnocchi recipe to pasta instead of gnocchi and added more vegetables), Vegetable, Rice and Cheese Wraps, Chickpea Burgers and Veggie Burgers.

I’ve also tried some Quorn and Linda McCartney products. With the Quorn mince, I made a Bolognese sauce and also had Chilli Con Carne made for me at a friends house. I’ve tried the Linda McCartney Sausage Rolls (nice hot, not so good cool, which I how I prefer my sausage rolls!) and the Italian Sausages (tried them yesterday with mashed potatoes and mixed veg), they were delicious! Different in texture than normal sausages, not as oily as there’s not a lot of fat in them (not a bad thing!) but the flavours were so yummy! I bought more today, I could see them becoming a bit of a staple.

So for the next 2 weeks or so, I’m hoping to try out a few new recipes I haven’t tried before, have you any suggestions for me? Please leave a comment if you do! Also, I just discovered a few hours ago that next week is National Vegetarian Week in UK so that’s tied in nicely for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...