Monday, April 30, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest: Day 29

I really wasn’t in much of a mood to do anything today but figured I couldn’t give up, what with being so close to the end! I decided to look through my Nails board as it seems like doing my nails is something I’ve really enjoyed from this challenge.

So I remembered I got some sponges in my Essence Marble Mania Nail Art Kit and decided to give some gradient colouring a go. It was the best results but with some practice I think I’d get to like it! I got the inspiration from this website.

DSC03023

A rainbow effect,didn’t really go as planned though!

DSC03024

A gradient pink look. First finger on the left I used the sponge with the nail polish freshly loaded, the other two fingers I didn’t reapply the polish so it looked much lighter and speckledy. Which I liked. In hindsight,I should have put the middle shade on top.

DSC03028

I decided to try it with glitter. I think I like this one the best.

It was interesting, I think I would try it again but with a make up sponge like in the original pin. I think because it’s a ‘denser’ sponge or something it would be better. Have you ever tried it?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so lazy with my nails but these are making me feel sorta inspired ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I used to be so lazy with my nails but it's fun to try them out. I go for the easy looking things though! I have pinned a great one of the tuxedo nails Lynnie did on Beaut.ie but I know I'm not up to those skills yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great nails!! Like the glitter one the best too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Scarie! You have no idea how excited I was when I realised I had 4 glitter colours that would go together like that. I did the base for that dark instead of white like the others as I didn't want the off chance of any white showing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stacy! And thanks for leaving a link to your blog, I'm going to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...