Friday, April 13, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest: Day 13

Today was mainly spent being fascinated by the colour of my phlegm (Bordering TMI, I decided I’d spare you the horrible details). Anyway, the rest of my day was spent dreaming that I had a Wagamamas near by so I could have some yaki soba. The nearest one is about 2 and half hours away so I had to do with 2nd best- make it myself. I’m waiting on getting the recipe book from the library but luckily I pinned the recipe from Big Spud blog last week.
The recipe has two main steps. One, the making and use of the marinade sauce (the yakitori sauce) and two, the stir frying of the veg and other ingredients.
DSC02721
Wagamama Yaki Soba Recipe
Adapted from Big Spud
Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, already cooked and chopped up (I just used George Foreman)
2 portions soba (medium) or udon noodles
1 onion, chopped
1 red and green pepper , diced
2 eggs, beaten
For the yakitori sauce:
250 ml light soy sauce
3 tablespoons dark soy sauce (I didn’t have this so I added some hoisin sauce instead)
1 teaspoon sugar
Pinch of salt
Method
1. First off, make the yakitori sauce. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and boil gently for about ten minutes (until the back of a spoon is coated).
2. While the sauce is cooking, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook your noodles (if not already precooked).
3. Once the noodles and sauce are done, combine in a bowl along with the chicken and keep near pan.
4. Heat your wok or frying pan as hot as it can get. Add a tablespoon of oil and fry the peppers and onion for about 3-4 minutes until slightly tender. It’s important to keep the pan moving to prevent burning so do not walk away.
5. Add the noodles and chicken and stir fry until the noodles have lost their rubberiness.
6. Add the eggs and cook for another 45 seconds until egg has disappeared. I kept the pan moving so the egg would coat the noodles.
7. Take off the heat and serve!
The link above has more ingredients, like spring onions, bean sprouts and sesame seeds but I didn’t have them with me. I was really impressed with how it turned out, the plate above really filled me up. The amount I made was enough for two of us and we’ll definitely have enough for lunch tomorrow too. I’m quite looking forward to it to!
DSC02721

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...