Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Red Velvet Cake!

DSC01997

Yes, there NEEDS to be an exclamation mark in the title of this post, it’s that good.

For my Dad’s 50th, I decided the cake had to be something special. And Red Velvet Cake is pretty special. I used the same recipe that I used for the Green Velvet Cupcakes I made last St. Patrick’s Day. As I was also in charge of making dinner for this event (for 17 people!), the cake got a bit neglected and one layer fell when I tried to take it out of the oven. After some reconstructive surgery, I made it look almost decent. Then, I made a mistake when making the cream cheese frosting but just about managed to save it. I used golden cake balls to write the 50 into the icing, gold as it’s his 50th year (clever huh?)

DSC02005

I didn’t get a chance to take a pretty shot of the cake as it was demolished as soon as it was pulled out. Dad liked the cake, as did everyone one so success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...