Monday, May 9, 2011

Pig Cake!

Sorry about the huge break, I personally blame the two Bank Holidays coming after each other, work and my boyfriend coming back from Oz. I got side tracked big time!

So I spoke about this on Twitter before, about how I wanted to make a pig cake for my sister’s birthday. That is, a cake in the shape of a pig, not made out of pork! For Christmas I got a giant cupcake mould and on the box there was a picture of a cake decorated like a pig.

IMG_0313

So I decided to give it a bash. Except I never really stopped to think about what I was going to make the face of the pig look like. This then caused a mad dash around the pick ‘n’ mix section of the local garage! And resulted in a pig head cake instead of the entire pig!

IMG_0314

The finished result! Now, I think he resembles a pig (vaguely), but my brothers and father thought he looked like a fat mouse! And proceeded to mock me over it. My sister was happy with it and that’s the main thing. And he tasted nice too!

On a side note, I think he looks a tiny bit like Mr Blobby sans ears!

IMG_0316

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pig cake. You'll have to post the recipe too. @Katzwizkaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read your blog for the first time...shameful I know... and I love it!
    Well done! I love your pig cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! also did not know the bf is back you must be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collete, thank you! Recipe is just a simple Maderia cake with vanilla buttercream icing (my fall back recipe thanks to Home Ec!). I posted it here
    http://rare-opal.blogspot.com/2010/08/cupcakes.html

    I'd probably double (if not triple) the amount when using that mould though!

    Louise, thanks! It's a fun mould isn't it? I'm looking forward to using it more.

    Thanks Nailish Ramblings :) Yes, I am delighted, so much so that I made the lucky thing his own banoffee pie!

    Thanks for all the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAT MOUSE?! ahahahaha!!!! That made me laugh so hard omg. Breige, it definitely looks like a pig and you did a fabulous job! So awesome that you made it for your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Deb! :D Ya, I had a tale on him but it just made him look even more like a fat mouse so I took it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of angry birds! You should make it green next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jaimie! Ooh, that a great idea! I might just try that thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...