Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 Day Music Meme: Day Two

Day 2- Your Least Favourite Song

When I first started writing this entry, I thought ‘Well, if I don’t have a favourite song, then surely I don’t have a least favourite?’. There’s songs that annoy me but I try not to dwell on those, for the good of my health. I couldn’t turn to my iPod to find a least favourite. If I can’t stand it, there’s no way it’s going on my iPod. I tried thinking of songs my Mum used to play in the car that I hated. And while I’m sure there’s loads, I think I’ve managed to block out those traumatic memories. After wracking my brain for hours, I finally thought of one.

San Diego Song by The Coronas. It’s like nails on a chalk board. Jagged nails on a dusty chalk board. Thinking about it makes me shudder. While I can block out songs that annoy me or ignore them, this one makes me angry. It makes me want to punch someone. I don’t know why. Their style music, whiny indie rock, is something I don’t really enjoy listening to. They’re good singers and talented but this song just really gets on my goat. When I was on work placement, my housemate would drive us to work and play this every now and again. And I used to sit in silence clenching my fists and jaw, praying for the song to be over. I think I need to stop thinking about this or else I might have heart attack from the rage building up! Now you can see why I don’t tend to dwell on songs I don’t like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...