Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Day Music Meme: Day Twenty One

Day 21- A song you listen to when you’re happy

If you’ve been following me on this journey through my (bad) musical tastes, you’d be right in guessing today’s song is of course an 80s song. It was one I considered for Day 3 and Day 9, as it makes me happy and want to dance. It’s one I always put on when I’m feeling happy.

Wake Me Up by Wham! just makes me happy. I don’t ever remember listening to it and feeling sad. It has so many happy memories attached with it. It is one of the first songs I ever remember hearing. Well, not the Wham! version exactly. Growing up, I had a small keyboard and this was the demo song on. It features in one of my favourite films, Zoolander. And I’ve sang for karaoke on a number of occasions. I also love the video with the UV paint and fabulous 80s fashion! Makes me want to own a Choose Life t-shirt.

 

4 comments:

  1. I love this song too!! :D And LOL, in high school there was this one group of older students who used this song as a theme for their class project in economics. Completely unrelated to their topic but damn was it catchy, lmao! I quite like Wham, "Last Christmas" is by far my favourite holiday song and it makes so giddy every time I hear it *bounces*

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^lol, the song may have had nothing to do with their topic but it did it's job, you've remembered it!

    Yes, Last Christmas is one of my fave holiday songs too, I'm going to start listening to them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And remember the song reference in Friends?? :D When Ross is dating Emily and he gets his ear pierced and Chandler cracks, "okay, just wake me up before you go-go". hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^Oh yes!! I forgot about that. Must go look for it on YouTube. I love Chandler's humour, I think he's my favourite (though I'm a total Monica!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...