Friday, November 12, 2010

30 Day Music Meme: Day Eleven

Day 11- A song from your favourite band

I don’t think I could name a favourite band but I’m sure if you asked several of my friends what my favourite is, they would say The Beatles. There are so many songs I love of theirs, the first one I remember listening to was Hey Jude, my first favourite was Can’t Buy Me Love, I played Michelle on repeat until it was played over hundred times, In My Life has a tendency to make me cry, I love the violins on Eleanor Rigby, Piggies reminds me of the second time I went to Prague with my second year college house mates, Rocky Racoon and I Am the Walrus are just fun songs and Yesterday and Blackbird are such simple but utterly beautiful songs. I could go on!

But Twist and Shout brings back such fun memories. It plays a big part in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and one summer’s day, about 3-4 years ago, I was at my friend Cillian’s house, watching this film. When the Twist and Shout scene came on, we got up and danced. And then rewound the scene several times to dance some more. His brother came into the room at one point and walked out shaking his head at how uncool we were! Even if I didn’t have this memory to attach to the song, I would still love it this much. The raspy screaming voice, the way it makes me want to dance and the Liverpudlian accent creeping out slightly from some of the words. Awesome!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...